Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Walk Two Moons

Over my vacation in Maine, I finished the book Walk Two Moon by Sharon Creech.  Again, I am so impressed by the quality literature that you all as 5th graders are reading.  This book was amazing!  I loved the story, the style of writing, the patterns she used and the repeating of text that she used.  The characters Sharon Creech created were so real, easy to relate to and have stayed with me in my mind and my heart.  I feel as though I need to read a story that is a little more uplifting.  Many of the books I have read this summer have dealt with a child only having one parent, or no parents, the theme of abandonment but also wanting to belong, and friendship.  Have any of you read this book?  What did you think of it?

I hope you all got my postcard from Maine!  This week I am in a Blogging class at Allen Brook School in Williston.  I am going to be setting up kidblogs for each of you!  We will be doing a lot of blogging next year!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment