Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson

Dear 5th Graders,
I just finished reading The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson.  I absolutely loved this book!  I loved all the characters in this book and the relationships they formed with one another throughout the story!  Gilly really transformed in this story!  She went from being such an unhappy child to one that was feeling loved by a family!  She began to see the best in people and in turn let them see the best in her!  You have to read the whole book to see this happen.  As you turned the pages and read of Gilly's misfortunes at school, at home and with her quirky friend Agnes you could slowly see the way in which she began to are for people!  She was so determined not to like people that she ended up realizing she needed them and most of all they needed her!  She learned that she was a lot smarter than she thought and that she could really excel at school!
I am looking forward to my next read!  I am finishing up Bunnicula by James Howe (we will be going to see the show in October at the Flynn) and looking to read The Giver!  I would love any recommendations!  Happy Reading!
Vasanthi    

No comments:

Post a Comment