Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lena K.

Hi Vasanthi! When I found about this blog, I was very excited. I have been very busy so this my first post. Right now I am reading book called Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul. It is a collection of stories based on different topics. I am almost done with it so I am looking for a suggestion. I have read MANY books that are realistic fiction and I have recently started reading fantasy. I have read Wonder by RJ Palacio, which I enjoyed very much as well as the whole Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. Those books are two very different genres.
See you next year!
Lena K. 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lena K.
    It was so great to hear from you! I remember reading Chicken Soup for the Soul! I love reading short stories. Did you learn any lessons from reading these short stories? I am impressed by the different genres you have been reading this summer! Wonder is on my list to read! I am headed on vacation this week and am bringing Walk Two Moons. Have you ever read anything by Sharon Creech? Rick Riordan is new to me and I am looking forward to reading his books. write me soon! Vasanthi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vasanthi,
    I have read many Sharon Creech books. I am looking for a book recommendation. I looked at the 100 Must Reads from NPR. If you have any ideas, please tell me.
    See you on Wednesday,
    Lena K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lena,
    Your post did work!!!!! I have to approve the comment before it can be published! I just finished reading Star Girl by Jerry Spinelli. I recommend this book because it is really about being who you are and not worrying what other people think! It was a great read! I also loved A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park and currently I am reading Wonder and I like it. See you on Wednesday!
    Vasanthi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vasanthi,
    Have you ever read One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt? I read it this summer, and it was one of my favorites. It is about a girl named Carley Conners. She had to live with a foster family because her stepfather was very dangerous. She doesn't think she will like her foster family, but she grows very close to the family. I think you would like it.
    Lena K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for the first day of school!! The Open House was great. See you tomorrow!
    Lena K.

    ReplyDelete