Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2017

A note from Mrs. Sanders in Music

Dear Families,

I am so excited to introduce myself as a new part of the Shelburne community! I have met a few parents from SCS (particularly those who also have kids at Heartworks!) but for many of my students, I have not yet had the chance to meet you!

I am the new K-5 music teacher at SCS. Prior to being at SCS, I was K-6 music, band, chorus and all other things musical at Hardwick Elementary School. I have degrees in music education and clarinet performance from UVM and I am entering my 16th year of teaching! I live in Bridport with my husband, Brian, and our almost two year old, Adeline. In my spare time, I play clarinet with the Champlain Philharmonic and love to crochet.

I would love to meet you and say hello! If you would like to drop in and say hi, please do so- I’m usually in my room before and after school. You are always invited to sit in on a music class if you would like (just let me know!)  If you would like to have a more in-depth discussion about your child’s work in music class, please schedule a meeting by sending me an email (or sign up for a conference time below…)

I will be at school in my music room (room C-5) during the following times. My schedule is posted at https://tinyurl.com/SandersConf  You will need a Google account to access the appointment calendar and to schedule an appointment (only needed if you want a sit down meeting about your child - not needed for just dropping into say hello!) You can also email me at jsanders@cvsdvt.org  to make an appointment.

Monday, October 16th, 3:05 - 4:15pm
Tuesday, October 17th, 4:15 - 5:00pm
Thursday, October 19th, 7:15 - 8:00am
Monday, October 23th, 3:05 - 4:15pm
Tuesday, October 24th, 4:15 - 5:00pm
Wednesday, October 25th, 3:05 - 5:00pm
Thursday, October 26th, 7:15 - 8:00am
Monday, October 30th, 3:05 - 4:15pm

*** Please do check the calendar to make sure there isn’t an appointment scheduled if you hope to just drop in.

You can also find more information about music in my classroom by accessing my blog:
https://sandersscsmusic.blogspot.com/  (also accessible through the new, beautiful SCS website!)

I look forward to meeting you.   ~ Jodi Sanders, music

No comments:

Post a Comment